Sunday, May 10, 2015

How have I changed this year?

Throughout this school year I have become better at writing and less self-conscious about sharing what I write. I normally just shared little ideas for stories and would never let someone read something that I wrote unless I absolutely had to. I think that I feel better that I have expanded my vocabulary as well as learned more about grammar than I probably would have ever wanted to. I am still quiet and reserved in most conversations and in classes, and I do not think that is going to change.

However, I am less afraid that my ideas and bad puns (and yes, there have been way too many puns in these blog posts) will be overlooked or ridiculed and have shared them with people other than my sister. I feel more comfortable talking to people in person, even though writing allows for more editing and revision to make the point you are trying to make clearer.

I have joined more fandoms and met so many people at conventions. It is easy to get sidetracked by my dozens of fandoms and I procrastinate about practically everything except for keeping up with them. I think I have gotten better at managing my time, probably not by much. Although my grades are doing alright, so it can not be as bad as I think. I also cosplayed for the first time and that was cool. I hope that it becomes a tradition to go back to Anime Bonzi for years to come.

How I changed this year
One of my really good friends mother died and she had to live with her extended family, and I miss her very much. Another friend moved to South Jordan and we have not kept in touch very well, and another friend can not go to school anymore because of allergies. I am grateful for the rest of my friends and am really glad that they are here and are so nice to me all the time. I have also found that smashing watermelons in parking lots is really fun, so thanks guys.

I have also volunteered more than I have in the past, and it was so much fun to work at Swaner and Furberbia on the weekends with my sister. I have stopped skiing for the Park City team, and I think that doing that was an important thing for me to do, since I felt like I had to more than I wanted to and it gave me more time to focus on things that matter to me, such as fandoms, friends, and doing well in school. Even though that sounded sort of sarcastic and rude I do actually mean that I like doing well in school.

I have changed very much in the past year and I am proud of what I have done. I felt happy with what was happening in my life, and although High school is more difficult than I expected, based on this past years experience, I think that it is going to be pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment