Thursday, October 23, 2014

Blood of Olympus (SPOILERS)

First of all, thank you Morrison for lending me The Blood of Olympus, and thank you William, for being too sick for Morrison to lend you the book first like she promised. Of course I only had the book for 2 days while William was still out sick, but I managed to finish the book in under 48 hours. Side note: reading for 8 1/2 hours straight is very likely to cause a bad headache.

 Even though I was really excited to finally read the book after waiting for a year after The House of Hades was published, it's sad to see the series end. I am content with the ending though, because everyone was able to find their place and where they would be happy. I also liked the fact that it had Nico and Reyna's POV. Although now that I'm thinking about it, the fact that neither Annabeth and nor Percy got a chapter from their POV, I find that sort of irritating.

The top five things that I liked were that Nico found his place at Camp Half-Blood, the giants were defeated in an epic battle, Octavian was the only person I knew by name who died (thank the gods), the Romans and the Greeks are finally getting along, and Charisse, the super hardcore daughter of Ares, became a godmother. I'm happy with how it ended, but also a little sad that Percy Jackson's quests with his friends are over. Thank you Rick Riordian for giving us Percy Jackson and his friends extraordinary adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment